Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote Access Problems

huttler
Aspirant

Remote Access Problems

Problem: unable to access router while away from home

Reason: The remote management address in the router setting is stuck on IP address 192.168.x.x

I was able to use remote access when the router had a public IP address of 107.206.x.x. I turned off remote access for a few weeks; now that I turned it back on the remote access address is 192.168.x.x which is only accessible while on the home network since this is not a public IP. The user manual and help articles simply say to turn on remote access and choose which IP addresses are allowed to access the router. How do I fix this?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Remote Access Problems

Hi huttler,

Set the modem to bridge mode to make sure the IP that the router gets is private.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi huttler,

Make sure that the router is  not connected to another router. The IP address should be a public. What you have is a private which means the router is connected to the modem/router device.

Message 2 of 5
huttler
Aspirant

What are you suggesting? That I throw away the modem and connect the coxial cable into the RJ port?
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi huttler,

Set the modem to bridge mode to make sure the IP that the router gets is private.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi huttler,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7