Reset Nighthawk router issues

Bljuber
Aspirant

Reset Nighthawk router issues

I reset my router because we were having connection issues and now the only light that comes on is the power light and its white & just blinks. I've reset it so many times. Help! We just got this router in March and now it doesn't work.
Message 1 of 11

Re: Reset Nighthawk router issues

Which router is this? You may have given the forum this information, but it has not passed it on to the rest of us.

A flashing power LED is usually a sign that the firmware is corrupt.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 11
Bljuber
Aspirant

It is the Nighthawk R6700. I kind of figured that, but there is no way for me to update it. I've tried downloading the update and connecting the router to my laptop, but there is no internet and I cannot connect to the wifi on the same network without my router working. It's all very confusing. I wish there was an easier way. I have no wifi right now cause I don't know how to fix it. I would go buy a new one, but we spent $117 on this 4 months ago. This should last us forever. Do you have any ideas? Please help. Thank you!! 😍
Message 3 of 11

If you can download the new firmware, you can connect "offline" via the LAN to the router and flash it from the saved file.

If that fails, investigate the TFTP route:

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using TFTP | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 11
Bljuber
Aspirant

I tried the TFTP route.  I couldn't figure out how to "connect offline via the LAN to the router and flash it from the saved file".  I'm not exactly sure what that means.  But when I did it through the TFTP route (which those instructions you sent were very detailed...so thank you), my power LED never went green.  And so after 20-30 seconds I just let go of the reset button and then hit upgrade on the TFTP.exe file.  It would say "Erasing Flash", but then halfway through that it would start over with the  2nd attempt and then it would say "unable to get responses from the server".  I'm not exactly sure what I am doing wrong.  The only thing I have plugged in is the power supply to the router and the Ethernet plugged into the router to my laptop. 

Message 5 of 11
Bljuber
Aspirant

And this is the message I keep receiving when I try the "routerlogin.net" route. 

"You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 11

@Bljuber wrote:

I couldn't figure out how to "connect offline via the LAN to the router and flash it from the saved file".  I'm not exactly sure what that means.  

It means plug your PC into the router's LAN port and take it from there. Seems that this is what you have done. You don't need to be on line to get your browser to access the router's interface.

@Bljuber wrote:

But when I did it through the TFTP route (which those instructions you sent were very detailed...so thank you), my power LED never went green.  And so after 20-30 seconds I just let go of the reset button and then hit upgrade on the TFTP.exe file.  It would say "Erasing Flash", but then halfway through that it would start over with the  2nd attempt and then it would say "unable to get responses from the server".  I'm not exactly sure what I am doing wrong.  The only thing I have plugged in is the power supply to the router and the Ethernet plugged into the router to my laptop. 

Did you "ping" the router to confirm that you could communicate with it from your PC?

Just another user.

Message 7 of 11

@Bljuber wrote:

And this is the message I keep receiving when I try the "routerlogin.net" route. 

"You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

That is the ubiquitous and misleading error message that many people see.

What address were you connecting to?

The usual destinations are:

http://www.routerlogin.com/

and

http://www.routerlogin.net

If they don't work, then the IP address might be an option. Here the usual suspects are:

http://192.168.0.1

or

http://192.168.1.1

Just another user.

Message 8 of 11
Bljuber
Aspirant

I tried both the routerlogin.com and routerlogin.net.  I also just tried the ip address in the internet address bar.  It says "This site cannot be reached.  It took too long"

I also just tried pinging it and it says over and over "Destination Host Unreachable".  😕

Message 9 of 11
wicked_laugh
Aspirant

Having the same issues. Problems started after router updated to newest firmware. Lost all connections and now stuck with a blinking white power LED.

Tried the TFTP route and was unable to get it to work. PC is also unable to ping the router. PC knows an ether net cable is plugged in, but it's like the router isn't even there.

Chances are firmware was corrupted during update. If I'm unable to connect via LAN, does this mean I'm SOL?
Message 10 of 11

Another thing to check:

>>>>> Unable to access router management page with Kaspersky installed <<<<<

Just another user.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E