Re: Router non-responsive

Anongw65
Aspirant

Router non-responsive

My Nighthawk X6S regularly becomes unresponsive.  By which I mean that all wireless devices loose connection to the router, and all wired connections cannot access the internet nor the router's web page.

There is no consistent "event" which preceeds the issue, although the latest "lockup" seems to have occurred by trying to backup to the USB attached drive (WD 1TB).  It's gotten so bad that I now have the router on a digital time which shuts off power (basically a hard boot) every night.  Even the daily reboot doesn't prevent the router from having issues.  Visually, the router looks normal, with flashing lights (although I can't remember exactly which lights, in case that's your next question).

The router is new, having been purchased in July of this year, and I'm keen to keep firmware up to date, given the recent security issues.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Anongw65,

You can try to reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it manually.

Message 2 of 6
Anongw65
Aspirant

James, thank you for the reply.

That solution has already been tried.  I've only had the router since July, so there really haven't been any ongoing changes. Besides the always important task of changing the login credentials, the only additional changes have been setting up the WLAN.  Additionally, the firmware has been updated regularly due to the ongoing security threats out there.

Message 3 of 6
William10a
Master

Your internet is possible amber I had older router that did this every time a bird was flying over the house had to do to a reboot of the network each time could have taken a few days to 3 weeks before it happen again no fun at all.

The router die at the hands of a 12 ga shotgun no more problems after that with the new one.

Message 4 of 6
Anongw65
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, William.

I appreciate the advice and the levity.

Message 5 of 6
Anongw65
Aspirant

I'm not sure why I got an email from Netgear stating that a solution was accepted.  The solution offered (not the shotgun solution) DID NOT solve the problem, therefore NO solution was accepted, and anyone searching for answers to similar problems shouldn't be deceived in their web searches.  The problem persists.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements