Slow internet speeds in Router Mode R8000

Edariz
Follower

Slow internet speeds in Router Mode R8000

Hello!

I have been having this issue for months and have reached the end of my rope and am not sure what to do anymore. I have ATT fiber 1gig and when I use my router in router mode it only gets to about 300-400 up/down when I switch to AP mode I get closer to the 1gig that I am paying for.

BGW210-700 Arris Configured to IP Passthrough with it set to my R8000 MAC address. Full 1G Duplex set on the port that goes to my Netgear

In the Netgear I have disabled Traffic Control and QOS which seem to be the usual suspects when it comes to slower internet speeds. Running Firmware Version V1.4.4.42_1.3.4

Am I only going top be allowed to operate in AP mode with this? Do I need to update/downgrade my firmware Im at such a loss here.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Slow internet speeds in Router Mode R8000

ATT device's passthrough mode is horrible. It basically doesn't function as it should. Sadly, its not something netgear can fix as its an issues with att's combo devices.

Many have been forced to use AP mode and not have the option of netgears router functions because of this. I wish I had better news. 

Current setup: CM2000-> RBKE963B-> Trendnet TEG-S380-> GS716T-> pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E