View backup configuration file r7800

Jon96simon
Aspirant

View backup configuration file r7800

I had to restore my router to factory defaults.  I have a lot of static routes and defined mac addresses.  How do I view the backup configuration file so I can see these static routes and the mac addresses that I have defined?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

Re: View backup configuration file r7800

> I had to restore my router to factory defaults. [...]

"had to"?  Why?

> [...] How do I view the backup configuration file [...]

If the config file for the R7800 can't be read using a simple text
editor (which is possible with some models), then the easy way might be
to load it back into the router, and view the (restored) router

settings.

Message 2 of 4
IrvSp
Master

In addition to what @antinode suggested I'd rename that configuration and save the one you have now that is working.

Next I'd reset the router again and then re-load the old renamed configuration. Take SCREEN CAPTURES of all changed screens. Now reset again, load the new saved configuration file. Start entering the data.

If there was a 'reason' that you did the reset to factory, the saved configuration that you have from before that could be corrupted and shouldn't be used as I assume you had a problem that forced you to reset. Since you didn't try to reload that, I guess you know not to do that though.

Message 3 of 4
Jon96simon
Aspirant

I had to restor to factory defaults because the password and the security questions didn't allow me into the system.  If I load the old config the system will reboot and request me to signin.  I know what the password should be but it isn't working.  If I can look at the config file I can get the static routes.  This router isn't anything link the Cisco routers.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E