Highlighted

WIreless button under Basic and Advanced shows a blank page

hi guys

I have a r8000 and had always the impression that the transfer speed of the 2.4ghz is far to low. the 5ghz speed is great though. 

looking at the settings of the r8000, i realize, that on the advanced wlan 2.4ghz overview, the speed is set to 289mbit only... the 5ghz is at 1300 and works fine

but when entering the wlan settings for 2.4ghz, the correct 600mbit are set!

how is that possible? how can I set and use the 600mbit?

regards 

Aufnahme1.pngAufnahme2.pngdondaniel

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WIreless button under Basic and Advanced shows a blank page

Welcome to the community, @don_daniel

Interference may cause the performance of the 2.4GHz signal.

Make sure to avoid using other wireless devices that may interfere with the wireless signal of the router.

You can try to change the channel as well instead of setting it to Auto.

Improving 2.4Ghz Wireless Performance by Changing Channel

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

hi there

thank you for the answer. 

what do you mean with other devices that could interfere..? other routers? or other wifi enabled devices as our laptops, TV etc..??

we are living in a standalone house, so i can tell you definitelly, there is only one router here that is sending signals... from time to time there are neighbours router who get to our house with very low/weaks signals, but I guess that is not a real problem, right?

i'll get back to you once i figured out what i need to do whith that program you sent in your link..

regards

daniel

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

picture 1picture 1picture 2picture 23.png

hi there

so, did download this ssider program and also changed the chanel to manual channel 6...

i get now in the ssider as well as in the genie overview two channels for 2.4ghz shown... 6 and 10, see the screenshot 1 and 2 but with 600mbit in the overview and the details now.....

but when entering the details of 2.4ghz, it is though still showing 600mbit as per picture 3,  but only channel 6 is set manually.. where is channel 10 set?? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements