Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wi Fi Issues with D7800

Nanopizza
Aspirant

Wi Fi Issues with D7800

Hello!

For some time now I've been having issues with the Wi Fi on my D7800 router. I am personally connected through ethernet and have no problems, so it does appear to be a Wi Fi issue.

The issue is that usually during the the day, most often the evening, the router is dropping out and becoming un-usably slow for those on Wi Fi, particularly for a family member who is living upstairs. She hasn't had these issues before even when her computer was a lot further from far lower quality routers. It even slows down or disconnects a lot for those right next to it in the living room but not to the same extent. This is happening on 2.4 GhZ band. 

I've played around with quite a lot of settings in the router utility but this problem has been consistent for those on Wi Fi, I also had the problems before I installed a wired connection, however once I did that I've not had any issues with dropping out. I've played around getting manual QoS (Dynamic gave us even more issues), I've made sure all the settings to the correct ISP, I've tried both the "enable 20/40 Hz coexistence" settings both on and off as well as the various different modes for "up to xxx mbps". Security is currently on WPA2-PSK [AES]. I have also checked that all devices are known, there are no unauthorized devices on the network. Guest networks are off too. I'm sure I've also messed around with some other things I don't recall over time too. Though I am quite tech literate I still have no clue what some of the settings are for, so perhaps there's something in the utiluty to help with it. 

This has been happening since we bought the router but has been getting worse and worse over time. 

Restarting the router sometimes improves the issue for a few hours or days, but the whole reason I spent all the money upgrading to this router is so we didn't have to do exactly this - as we had this issue with the old ISP stock router - which too got worse and worse over time. 

I'm unsure if the router has faulty Wi Fi, just not very good Wi Fi range or if there could possibly be interferance from other Wi Fi signals, the houses in the housing estate we live are likely all using Wi Fi with little to no wired connections so I can imagine it's likely quite noisy, but this is just a theory which I don't have an awful lot of evidence to back up. I honestly have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it, which is why I'm hoping somebody here might have some ideas. 

Additional Info: 

Hardware Version    D7800   Firmware Version    V1.0.1.56 GUI Language Version    V1.0.0.361

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Wi Fi Issues with D7800

@Nanopizza wrote:

For some time now I've been having issues with the Wi Fi on my D7800 router.

That is a modem router. You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 3
Nanopizza
Aspirant

Re: Wi Fi Issues with D7800

Ah okay, I wasn't quite sure where to put it as there were many different catagories on the forum, if you could get a moderator to move it to the correct forum then I would be thankful 🙂 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7