X10 R9000 Constantly losing wifi and needs reboot

abrookerhs
Guide

X10 R9000 Constantly losing wifi and needs reboot

Im sorry to post a new topic on this... but I have scoured this forum and the internet to fix this problem and NOTHING works.  I have tried all of the suggestions along the way.... Rebooting the router fixes the issue for a max of 24 hours... most of the times, less.  I have reset to defualt, turned off QoS, turned off Access control, turned off smart connect.  Nothing changes my situation.  Please help.  Let me know what you need me to do to resolve this.  $350 router and my entire home depends on wifi and this is absolutely frustrating to say the least to have to do this every day.  The good part about this router is that it covers the entire house with max download speeds next to the router, and the same on the other side of the house on other floors... but Im done with the troubleshooting. Smiley Happy 

Firmware: V1.0.4.12

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 34
LayZMan
Star

Re: X10 R9000 Constantly losing wifi and needs reboot

Well I must say, you haven't scoured too hard because this problem is pretty widespread and pretty well documented. This firmware version is being worked on and there is a version being tested to fix this and many other issues. Hopefully Netgear pulls through soon. Rest assured that Netgear is working on the issue. I have no idea when it will be fixed though. Good luck 👍
Message 2 of 34
abrookerhs
Guide

Well I did scour plenty and FOUND plenty all of which did not work. I understand they are working on it.  Thanks.  And after my latest post earlier this week, Netgear reached out with beta fw and its running smooth.  Hope everyone that has this problem gets their resolution soon!

Message 3 of 34
LayZMan
Star

I understand, it just sounded like you were saying you didn't know that this was a known issue when you said you scoured the forums. Anyway, glad to hear the new firmware is working good and thanks for updating people here.
Message 4 of 34
Aerdon
Initiate

How can we get this beta firmware?  I have to reboot my router daily.

Message 5 of 34
abrookerhs
Guide

It didn’t work anyway. Had to reboot again like normal.
Message 6 of 34
abrookerhs
Guide

I must chime back in and say after that initial reboot, I havent had to reboot since.  The firmware seems to be working.

Message 7 of 34
LayZMan
Star

That's good to hear. I haven't had to reboot, but I have noticed some weird issues and I am not sure of it's the router or not. I've noticed on my shield tv that my Spotify is wonky. The sound cuts out, then comes back, then says no connection but there is. Can't be sure what's causing it. The other issues I've had are with my nest hello doorbell and my nest indoor cam. I think those are an issue with nest service though. Still can't be too sure though. I'll keep watching it.
Message 8 of 34
pimwatech
Tutor

Hi there,

Can someone help me out with a suggested contact for this beta firmware also?

We use this at work and (I'm the IT guy) I am getting sick of copping it from my boss as to why we spent so much on a router which doesnt work.

Thanks. Andre

Message 9 of 34
baddogone1
Tutor

I feel bad for you, I am having the same problen again and i already replaced the router once!

Message 10 of 34
baddogone1
Tutor

Alright were can we get the new beta firmwear for our routers!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 34
pimwatech
Tutor

It's beyond a joke actually.

I have read about replacing the router and I probably will go down that path but honestly after all of the abuse that I have copped at work it is ridiculous.  I thought that if we spend that amount of money then we would at least get a product which works.

I'm going to have a shot on twitter and facebook to see if I get a response from them by pointing out to all their potential customers that their products  simply do not work.  And reading these forums it is amazing that it is not just me and they havent fixed the problem yet.

All I know is that I cant believe at how this has affected my credability at work and everyone needs to know that these products are not worth their time.

Message 12 of 34
LayZMan
Star

All,

You’ll need to DM @ChristineT or @Christian_R to grant you access to the beta download. They'll respond back with access to the page where you can download it.

It helps out a lot! Good luck 👍
Message 13 of 34
ChristineT
Admin

Good morning all! 

@LayZMan - Thanks for the shoutout!! 

@pimwatech@abrookerhs@baddogone1@Aerdon - I have added you to the Beta Community. Please check your private messages for the link to the Community and Firmware. 

Best Regards!

Christine

Message 14 of 34
Aerdon
Initiate

I bought another 7200 a couple days after my initial post.  I set it up, upgraded the firmware.  It locked up the same night.  There is clearly a problem with this router.  I returned the second one after I proved it wasn't just my hardware.  I sold my original router to someone that only has 3 wireless devices (it works great for them) and, against my better judgement, bought the Orbi RBK-50 based on recommendations from coworkers.  The Orbi has been amazing.  I've had no issues whatsoever.  I had entered a ticket with Support and the only response I've gotten is a note that I'd be added to the beta community over a month after asking for help.  This is not good customer service.  Hopefully the Orbi continues to work flawlessly.

Message 15 of 34
pimwatech
Tutor

Yes I totally agree with you.  I actually use an ORBI personally at home and it works well. It's the 50 one also.  

I have received a couple of messages today (from netgear I think) so I am abiout to go through them but you know what I agree that this is ridiculous service by Netgear as a company.  To know that there is such a fatal flaw in this product and what it takes is for me to finally totally crack it and start posting on twitter and facebook and here to get any sort of result.  Unbelievable.

Message 16 of 34
pimwatech
Tutor

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the quick reply and I will install the beta firmware during a quick downtime at work.

I appreciate you getting back to me quickly and please dont take my frustration as a personal attack towards anyone there who is attempting to fix this problem.  My frustration (and I am sure that of others) is that this product was released, and sold to public like me, when it clearly isnt working.  

That's an issue for higher up the company and one that (once I get this resolved) I would like someone at Netgear to give me an answer about.  

Because the company needs to understand that me (as the IT guy at work) now look like an absolute fool.  And all I did was trust that a Netgear product would actually work.

Thanks again though and hopefully this beta fixes this.

Regards. Andre

Message 17 of 34
Synntax
Aspirant

I got this as a gift from my husband and im having the same problems. Ive sent a message to CHristian requesting the firmware.

Message 18 of 34
pimwatech
Tutor

Hi there,

Touch wood, the new firmware has been working for us so far.  

I have been away from the office but will be back tomorrow so if I dont get told off my the staff about the Wifi rebooting... then it's a good day Smiley Happy

Hope it works for you also

Message 19 of 34
n9rrm
Aspirant

Christine,

How can I also be added to the Beta firmware group?  I have been getting Wifi drops about every 15 minutes, which it appears like the router is going through a partial reset each time.  What is interesting is that this just started happening 2 days ago, but I have had the router for 6 months.

Message 20 of 34
SScandy
Luminary

n9rrm, To join the Beta test group you need to send a private message to either  @ChristineT or @Christian_R. Tell them you are experiencing dropouts and you would like to test the new Beta firmware (because many have posted that the Beta firmware fixes the dropout problems). The latest Beta is v1.0.4.26.

I had the same problem and the Beta firmware fixed the issue for me.

Message 21 of 34
moraleseder
Initiate

Hello Christine,
As everyone else in this thread, I am also experiences the wifi issues with this router.
Would you please let me have access to the beat firmware?
Thank you, I appreciate it
Message 22 of 34
schumaku
Guru

@moraleseder wrote:
As everyone else in this thread, I am also experiences the wifi issues with this router.

1.0.4.26 is readily available on the official channel -> https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r9000.aspx#download

Message 23 of 34
moraleseder
Initiate

Is that the same firmware as the beta? I have 1.0.4.26 installed and I am still experiencing issues

Message 24 of 34
jp6363
Initiate

I am also having this problem and I have the newest firmware 1.0.4.26 installed. In addition to rebooting the router I also have to reboot my tv, Xbox, streaming video box, etc. most of the time whenever I want to use it (internet related). Each of these items are hardwired as well, no Wi-Fi.

It's getting to the point where I am ready to take it out into the street in front of my home and light it on fire just so I can get some satisfaction knowing I won’t have that problem anymore! The $350 is cheap compared to the amount of aggravation this has cost me so far, especially every time I sit on the couch to watch tv with my wife and I have to cringe when she wants to watch anything not on the cable box and I have to press the Netflix button on the remote only to see it keep spinning round and round and never loading until I go through the pain in the butt process of rebooting everything and the death ray laser beam coming from my wife’s eyes boring a hole in my head the whole time while thinking to herself this idiot spent 15k on this junk and none of it works. That always starts the evening off to a good start.

Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements