Re: X10 R9000 Dropping WiFi

addictivepixels
Follower

X10 R9000 Dropping WiFi

Good Morning All!

I have a new R9000 (third in the series for us R7000 > R8000 > R9000), however, this new router has been rather problimatic after upgrading the firmware. After checking numerous forums this appears to be a known-issue in the latest firmware.

It seems there is a beta firmware being tested and that I need to reach out to @ChristineT or @Christian_R in order to request access to the beta/early adopter community. If either of you see this post, I would love an invitation if at all possibe.

In the interim, is there anything that can be done to improve the stability of the wireless radios aside from running older firmware?

I've tried:

• Voxel Firmware (issue still occurs, but less often)
  • Reflashed latest firmware (no change in issue)
  • Tested with known-good older R8000 router (issue went away)
  • Factory reset router (no change in issue)
  • Verified no other routers have overlapping channels (no change in issue)
  • Manually assigned channels (no change in issue)
  • Let router automatically assign channels (no change in issue)

Thank you all for your help!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @addictivepixels

Good morning! Please send me a private message for further assistance. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Jverdoorn
Initiate

I am having the same issues. Multiple drops per day make holding conference calls embarrassing. Constant drops. Open case with Netgear support since November with no resolution.
Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

@Jverdoorn wrote:
I am having the same issues. Multiple drops per day make holding conference calls embarrassing. Constant drops. Open case with Netgear support since November with no resolution.

No sure surprise there. I do not think they know what the issue is either. IMHO if within the return window do it and get from a different vendor. There does not seem to be any REAL fixes coming out of the firmware group. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E