<Kong> R8000 DD-WRT is finally here!!

Aspirant
Aspirant

<Kong> R8000 DD-WRT is finally here!!

Here it is.... http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

If you have problems/bugs that you want to report...do it here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=263233&start=120

Message 1 of 10
Apathetic0
Novice

Re: <Kong> R8000 DD-WRT is finally here!!

It should be noted that the link you provided no longer links to KONG builds, but rather to his test builds before he posts his comments to the main DD-WRT branch. BS and Kong work directly together now.

Releases at:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas
Message 2 of 10
SoCal
Aspirant

It is because of DD-WRT that I have had an extremely successful run with my current R7000. Now that DD-WRT has taken on the R8000, this might just be the time for me to upgrade to an R8000. I love the option of using the firmware of my choosing!
Message 3 of 10
cc999
Aspirant

On the r-7000 what was the best firmware for you? They now have new builds with the new drivers and stops the random disconnects. I found that the DDRT builds always had a much slower transfer speed from the USB than the official builds. About 1/2 to be exact (wireless). Have you also found this to be true? CC
Message 4 of 10
Lexist2112
Luminary

has anyone tested Kong's build???
Message 5 of 10
TANWare
Star

It looks as if the builds have issues just like the stock FW, I will hold off for now.
Message 6 of 10
TANWare
Star

Still, after 2 months, not even a beta for the R8000. There have been a few for the R7000 but nothing for ours. Looking like a bust for us with the high end router. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 10
TANWare
Star

Yet another month and nothing new here at all. Most expensive Router and just no love. This would be fine if Netgear released a super powerful FW update, even if it were just for us power users, but no we just get slow and lame issue ridden updates!
Message 8 of 10
tonybrito
Aspirant

Apathetic0, Please excuse my ignorance I just purchased the R8000. Any reason why I would want to upgrade to this FW? or can you provide a link so that I can do further reading. Thank you.
Message 9 of 10
jennmclynn9062
Aspirant

Pardon my ignorance as well I'm a mom just making this house happy which after 2days of hell! I seems that this expensive router was my wrong choice. I'm so overwhelmed with reviews from all top of the line to support 20 wireless devices and my 2 baby monitors are being effected. Especially with with 2 xboxs hard wired and only one shows wired. 2 fire sticks don't show up. Will the router log only show what is running in the home at the time or should everything we own wireless show up? So frustrated!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E