r7800 wireless to wired

Cruzin1a
Aspirant

r7800 wireless to wired

Hey all,

I have what seems to be a common issue. My wireless devices can ping my wired devices but the wireless devices cannot see the wired devices in windows. The wired devices however can see the wireless devices in windows. I've done some extensive reading on this and have been unable to resolve it. Is this a standing problem without a resolution? If it is I can move on.

Message 1 of 4

Re: r7800 wireless to wired

@Cruzin1a wrote:

...the wireless devices cannot see the wired devices in windows.

What are these wireless devices?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Cruzin1a
Aspirant

It's a Dell laptop with a fresh install of Windows 8.1 x64. It has an intel wifi card connecting to the router with 802.11n on 2.4Ghz. The desktop is Win7 x86 and is connecting wired. It's odd. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. More often than not it doesn't. Both are set to private networks and for the private networks network discovery with automatic setup is selected along with file and printer sharing. Guest public are off/off. All networks is sharing/40or56 bit encryption/password protected sharing off. I've done this as a homegroup and not with the same results.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
baconcake
Aspirant

I was trying to find the thread that I had followed with this same issue, and found yours.

The newest firmware 1.0.2.52 fixes the issue.  I had to use DD-WRT for the last 6 months due to the same problem before reverting back to stock last week.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E