Re: readyshare issues

dkhey
Aspirant

readyshare issues

In the history of owning this router, I have not been able to connect a Brother HL5340 printer via USB and use it over the network. When I open the USB control center on PC or Mac, nothing appears at all. I have used these printers on all of my machines via USB direct to each machine and have the drivers installed. Any advice? 

I have installed the freshest firmware as of today. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
dkhey
Aspirant

Update - I got it to work on OSX; however, the connection will not stay connected and it disappears from the USB Control Center.

Message 2 of 8
it_geek
Aspirant

Change the default timeout to 600 seconds.

Proud Owner of an R8000 since August 2014!
Message 3 of 8
OlegP
Apprentice

ReadySHARE is completely broken, at least on Windows.

Here is a post that I made about the issue. 0 response from Netgear.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Netgear-ReadySHARE-has-been-broken-for-2-yea...

I was able to get a hold of a Netgear rep over on snbforums; however, and it sounds like ReadySHARE is unlikely to get fixed any time soon, if ever.

I've also encountered a severe bug with QoS. Here is my post.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000P-Dynamic-QoS-Stops-Working-After-a-Few...

Again, 0 response from Netgear.

Tomorrow I'm returning the X6S that I've owned for less than 2 weeks. Last Netgear product that I will purchase in my lifetime.

I recommend that you do the same.

Message 4 of 8
OlegP
Apprentice

Oh and I almost forgot. The router loves to disconnect my WiFi Apple devices after they sit at idle for a day. It could be the smart connect. Could be the mumimo. Could be Carole Baskins. Who knows. Who cares anymore. I know that Netgear doesn't.

Truly a gift that keeps on giving.

Message 5 of 8
it_geek
Aspirant

I haven't had issues using ReadyShare on Windows. Usually I need to tweak my firewall settings and that's it.

Message 6 of 8
OlegP
Apprentice

Are you using Win 7?

Message 7 of 8
it_geek
Aspirant

Btw. Try enabling SMB v1. NETGEAR USB Control Center appears to need it. Go under Programs and Features >> Add a new feature in Windows.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E