Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

router C6250 intermittent, trying to fix but cannot login to nighthawk or IP based login

wendeeoh
Tutor

router C6250 intermittent, trying to fix but cannot login to nighthawk or IP based login

Hi I'm pulling my hair out. C6250 modem/router has been intermittently performing for a few months. Its not the ISP, the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz lights blink on and off, when on Zoom it says network is unstable. Trying to troubleshoot but get caught in Nighthawks' endless login loop and same on routerlogin.net.  Have tried these logins: UN: admin  P: password and also the one on the bottom of the router. Neither seem to work. Not sure how to reset password if that is needed or how to reset factory settings. help? 

Message 1 of 3

Re: router C6250 intermittent, trying to fix but cannot login to nighthawk or IP based login

@wendeeoh wrote:

Trying to troubleshoot but get caught in Nighthawks' endless login loop and same on routerlogin.net.  Have tried these logins: UN: admin  P: password and also the one on the bottom of the router. Neither seem to work. Not sure how to reset password if that is needed or how to reset factory settings.

The last bit is easily dealt with:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You can also find that in the manual:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

As to the endless login loop, that can be a sign that you have something else on your network that is interfering with  to get at the usual IP addresses.

But your description is a bit thin on details. How are you going about this? In a browser wired to the  modem/router? Tried different browsers?

When it comes to the issues you have experienced, the C6250 is a cable modem/router. So you might do better to ask for help in the area that covers those devices.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 3
wendeeoh
Tutor

Re: router C6250 intermittent, trying to fix but cannot login to nighthawk or IP based login

Thanks much i will move to the router / modem section. I'm 2 days later and much more educated now i can report this better. 🙂 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7