× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX12 Dropping Connection

papa_alpha
Follower

AX12 Dropping Connection

Hi all,

I've read an old topic regarding this issue and did turn off smart connect as one member recommended but it did not resolve this issue.

I have checked firmware and is all up-to-date (Unit only 5 days old in fact!)

When it drops out, all the lights go out other than the power light flashing. I have it plugged into my Sky router (which has WiFi deactivated) and that still shows internet connection. I have confirmed this by waiting for the AX120 to drop out and then check internet connection on the Sky router which is all good so I know it has something to do with the AX120 router itself.

Any help on this would be greatly received!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AX12 Dropping Connection

Do you have the RAX120 or a different model? If you have a RAX120, please post the first 3 characters of the routers serial number please. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7