× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX5400 keeps disconnecting every 20 min

bruinstr
Aspirant

AX5400 keeps disconnecting every 20 min

I have a Nighthawk AX5400, less than a year old. Last few weeks, I keep getting intermittent internet. I have had my ISP out several times and they say it's my router. When I plug my computer in with an eternet cable to the router, the internet still doesn't work. When it comes back on, everything works so the issue happens even when hardwired. I've done a few factory resets, Spectrum told me to change my DNS which helped for a day now...this morning, same problem. Anyone know what to do?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AX5400 keeps disconnecting every 20 min

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

What firmware is on it? 

When its having issue, is it all devices, just wireless devices? 

Do they say, "connected, no internet"? What actually happens?

Are you using IPv6? 

Message 2 of 4
bruinstr
Aspirant

Connected to Spectrum Modem

I've downloaded latest firmware v1.0.11.112. 

It's having issues with ALL devices, even my computer doesn't work when wired in with Ethernet. 

Sometimes it will say "connected without internet." It works then just randomly drops off once or twice every 15 minutes out of nowhere and starts working again right away. 

I think I'm using IPv6, there is a little 6 in the right hand corner of the wifi signal thing on my android/iphone. 

I have Spectrum 400mbs w/ 20mbs upload, 12 ping

Message 3 of 4

I assume that your is the RAX50? (AX5400 is a wifi speed not a modem number.)

@bruinstr wrote:

Connected to Spectrum Modem

Yes, but what model number?

Over the years Spectrum will have provided customers with a bunch of different modems with various features. For example, if it is a modem/router, that could explain the symptoms you describe.

@plemans asked you what actually happens. For example, you say:

It's having issues with ALL devices, even my computer doesn't work when wired in with Ethernet. 

What tells you that? Your PC's operating system throws up a message? The LEDs on the router do funny stuff?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7