× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access NightHawk RAX40 (AX3000) router settings without app

edison65
Follower

Access NightHawk RAX40 (AX3000) router settings without app

The 192.168 address just forwards to some horrible "shop netgear products" website. The section of the webpage pushing the app has an FAQ entry of "Do I need the app?" and the answer suggests no, but its browser-based login link just circles back to the brochure homepage. There are instructions to clear browsing data, which has no effect.

I will definitely never purchase another netgear product. In the meantime how can I access settings like routing tables, SSID etc?

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: Access NightHawk RAX40 (AX3000) router settings without app

it's http://192.168.1.1 and not 192.168

User error? If so, blame it on the company, of course! /sarcasm
Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Whatt modem/gateway are you connected to? 

Message 3 of 4

@edison65 wrote:

The 192.168 address just forwards to some horrible "shop netgear products" website.

It is difficult to follow what you are actually doing there.

As others have said, your incomplete description of what you are doing has a lot of missing detail and some wrong moves on your part.

For example, what is this 192.168 address? It will get you nowhere. It only lands on a Netgear site when you do something wrong.

Take us through things a step at a time.

This stuff is unforgiving. Get things a bit wrong,  miss out a crucial step, and the sky falls in.

Sadly, this is not down to any failing in Netgear's part. They all do the same thing.

The section of the webpage pushing the app has an FAQ entry of "Do I need the app?" and the answer suggests no, but its browser-based login link just circles back to the brochure homepage.

The answer may "suggest no", but that does not mean that you cannot use the app. Did you try it?

You could start with that. It is designed to make things simple, especially for inexperienced users.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series