× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't see router from wired PC, RAX15

emerywang
Aspirant

Can't see router from wired PC, RAX15

Hi. I have an AX1800/RAX15 router, just bought it last week. It's not listed in the models dropdown menu so couldn't select the model.

Anyway, it works fine and I can access it thru router.com on my laptop connected wirelessly. But my wired PC, which is direct wired into a switch that is wired to the router, can't access the router via router.com. I also can't see any wireless printers connected to the RAX15 from my wired pc.

I didn't have this problem with my previous wireless router, which was set up the same way.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't see router from wired PC, RAX15

1. what modem are you using?
2. what firmware is on the RAX?

3. What switch are you using? 

4. Are you in a double nat? it can cause issues with the routerlogin connect as well as possible the printers as well. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

5. do you have your computer set to "private" connection in windows? Or public? it might not "find" the printers if its on public. 

Message 2 of 3
emerywang
Aspirant

Re: Can't see router from wired PC, RAX15

Thanks Plemans. I figured out the problem. Our IT guy recently set up a VPN for us to connect to the office from home, and it can't see the router when the VPN is on. Disabling the VPN fixed it.

I appreciate the help.

-Emery

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7