× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot unregister WiFi 6 Router AX1800 from netgear acct or Genie for new owner

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Cannot unregister WiFi 6 Router AX1800 from netgear acct or Genie for new owner

Need help unregistering Netgear router

I have sold my registered Netgear product AX1800 Router & Satellite (Router MR60, Satellite MR60) and the new owner cannot register it as he says it is still in my name. I have tried my Netgear account and Netgear Genie, but no option to unregister. 

Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (MR60)

Serial Number: 63A19B7HA15A3

Registration Date: 2/10/2020

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot unregister WiFi 6 Router AX1800 from netgear acct or Genie for new owner

Hi Dnels, 

Please contact our Customer Care and provide your serial number and email address associated to the router. You may contact our Customer Care at customer.service@netgear.com.

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot unregister WiFi 6 Router AX1800 from netgear acct or Genie for new owner

Hi Dnels, 

Please contact our Customer Care and provide your serial number and email address associated to the router. You may contact our Customer Care at customer.service@netgear.com.

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I got rid of a CM1000 today off my account as it broke just after 2 years.  The only I found to do it was to open the netgear app up on your phone and let it connect.  Then at the bottom is a place to select support.  Then select the 3 verticle dots in the top right corner.  Remove device appears.  I went on line afterwards and it was in fact removed.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7