× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle on AX4

Riyadh
Tutor

Circle on AX4

I just bought AX4 to replace the old AC1900. I use Circle from Disney to control the internet at home. AC1900 is compatible with Circle.
I was surprised that AX4 is not compatible with Circle. I cannot install AX4 without Circle to manage the internet use in my home.
Please help.
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Re: Circle on AX4

Circle is suppored on select router models only - as of writing, there are no Netgear WiFi 6 AX (RAX xx) models on the list. Vaguely discused here already -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/Circle-with-Disney/td-p/1739930 not information on plans and availbility by Netgear however.

Message 2 of 8
Riyadh
Tutor

Thank you very much for your message.
I wish someone from Netgear answer our questions..
Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Christian_R  @ChristineT  please...

Message 4 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Riyadh - Thank you for your interest in Circle on the AX4. Circle is being discussed on the AX routers but we do not have more details or an ETA at the moment. 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 8
Riyadh
Tutor

Thank you very much Christian.
Unfortunately I, I cannot install my new RAx40 unless it is compatible with Circle, otherwise I will return it.

Regards.
Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Christian_R wrote:

Circle is being discussed on the AX routers but we do not have more details or an ETA at the moment. 

@Christian_R, this is more than strange All over the AX marketing materials there are more or less clear indications of parental controls. The real products uveil there are neither the OpenDNS based Live Parental Controls nor Circle available. 

Citing from the RAX40 Data Sheet and the similar RAX200 Data Sheet (retrieved as of writing):

===

Security

Maintain high security across your network to
ensure your privacy & family is safe while online.
Whether it’s preventing phishing & spyware or
just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR
has you covered.
===

As of today, I conclude this is somewhere between misleading and a marketing lie. Beyond the ability to manually disable/enable the Internet access for selected devices - there is nothing the like in place. Please bring this to the attention of the responsible product managers, and their managers please: This is not correct business behaviour!

Message 7 of 8
schumaku
Guru

If you are still interested in the RAX @Riyadh - you can sign-up and configure OpenDNS Home (yes, it's free), configure the router to work on OpenDNS servers, and get at least the basic requirements addressed - and get some [almost all] features Netgear has promoted as Live Parental Control on older routers.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7