× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Current thermal sensor temperature: NaNC

Dalbianco
Follower

Current thermal sensor temperature: NaNC

Hi @DarrenM,

I updated to RAX120-V1.2.8.43-rc, and on the (IP)/Thermal_FAN.htm, it still says "Current thermal sensor temperature: NaNC."

is the thermal sensor bad?

should I turn on "always enable fan"?

To verify my situation:

-I have the RAX120v2 in the US

-factory reset and updated to RAX120-V1.2.8.43-rc

-just moved the stock power supply from a UPS to a wall outlet

-noticed the power supply plug to the router was hard to remove and does not fit well in the router, gets caught inside

-noticed the fan never turns on and the router gets very hot, just added a mesh laptop cooler for the router to sit on

-Wi-Fi has been randomly disconnecting for several months since purchase, sometimes multiple times a day, usually when devices are being used

-previous Nighthawk R8000 never had disconnect issues

Do you have any tips on what to do if this issue persists?

I'm still in warranty, would I be able to get a replacement or refund at no cost?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Current thermal sensor temperature: NaNC

@Dalbianco wrote:

Hi @DarrenM,

I updated to RAX120-V1.2.8.43-rc, and on the (IP)/Thermal_FAN.htm, it still says "Current thermal sensor temperature: NaNC."

To verify my situation:

-noticed the power supply plug to the router was hard to remove and does not fit well in the router, gets caught inside

-noticed the fan never turns on and the router gets very hot, just added a mesh laptop cooler for the router to sit on

-Wi-Fi has been randomly disconnecting for several months since purchase, sometimes multiple times a day, usually when devices are being used

I'm still in warranty, would I be able to get a replacement or refund at no cost?

Thank you

There may be more fan information available if your use the debug login:  http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/debug.htm

Not sure if this works on your RAX120, it works fine on my R9000.

The xxx represents your IP address for the router.

Keep in mind, if you go the RMA return route, you most likely will receive a refurbished unit in return and not one new in the box.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Current thermal sensor temperature: NaNC

Keep in mind that the FW version you loaded is a BETA version. Not official release FW. This beta was to help or attempt to fix a random reboot issue on v2 versions of the RAX120 only. This problem started over a year ago that was reported by v2 users. We finally got NG to take a look last year and they came up with this beta version. This is a beta so you may see some features or UI items missing or not available. Maybe NGs attempt to debug this reboot issue and when they are satisfied with the findings, they will re-enabled those features and make them available when they go to build a full on official release version of FW for the v2. No idea when that will happen. So for now, if it's working and stops the reboot problem, you'll be fine. 

@Dalbianco wrote:

Hi @DarrenM,

To verify my situation:

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7