× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IP camera issues with RAX120

heisenberg281
Follower

IP camera issues with RAX120

I just upgraded my router from an Asus RT-AC86U to a Nighthawk AX12 and I've been experiencing spotty wifi issues ever since. I have 6 IP cameras installed throughout my house and all of them have been cutting in and out, steams freezing up, disconnecting and unable to reconnect altogether, even ones that are located within 20 feet of the router. Some of the wireless laptops in the house have also experienced spotty and intermittent wifi issues with the router, although not as much as the IP cameras. The IP cameras are all various models like Amcrest, Foscam, D-Link, etc. All of them are 2.4Ghz. I'm not sure what could be causing this, it feels as though the router is having trouble keeping up with all the streams but I don't see how that can be since this router should be way more capable than that Asus I just replaced... Suggestions?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: IP camera issues with RAX120

Hello heisenber281, 

Please check if your router is due for a firmware update. You may also try disabling AX mode to see if there are any improvements. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7