× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Icloud not working

Perkevz
Tutor

Icloud not working

Currently trying to access icloud through their website. I have 2FA on and need a verification code whenever i try logging in. However every time i join my home network (wired/wireless) i can not get the verification code sent. If i use my hotspot or phone without wifi i am able to get the verification code sent. Any way to fix this?

Message 1 of 9

Re: Icloud not working

@Perkevz wrote:

Currently trying to access icloud through their website.

Who is "their"? Have you asked "them" for help?

What leads you to think that the router is involved in your problems?

Do you have problems with other websites?

If this is something iOS check this:

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

I have 2FA on and need a verification code whenever i try logging in.

2FA turned on where? iCloud?

Message 2 of 9
Perkevz
Tutor

“Their” would be apples iCloud website (www.iCloud.com) I have asked apple for help but they told me everything is fine from apples end. I don’t have any problems with any other website. 2FA is set up on my apple account that I am trying to log into. The issue is that when I request the verification code it gives me the error of “verification code can not be sent to this number at this time. Try again later” this error however only pops up if I am connected to my home network (wired or wireless).If I change network or use my phones mobile data it works perfectly fine. I also just upgraded to this router which is when I started having the issue.
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You have the RAXE300?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 4 of 9
Perkevz
Tutor

Yes I have the RAXE300
Firmware version 1.0.8.64_3
Ont: Alctel Lucent ONT I-211M-L
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Is IPv6 enabled or disabled on the RAXE? 

Try changing to custom DNS addresses, try Cloudfare, Quad9 or Google instead of ISP auto detected DNS. 

Be sure to disable Any Mac Dddress randomizers on the device along with any cloud security features temporarily to check this. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser? 

https://kb.netgear.com/22697/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-router-using-the-router-web-interface

If you have your prior wifi router, can put that back on line temporarily to see if this problem still appears or not.

Message 6 of 9
Perkevz
Tutor

IPv6 is disabled

DNS changed to google but still having the issue, also tried cloudfare with no luck

Reset my netgear router and set up with a pc and rebooted ont. problem still happens.

Just tried my old router and issue does not occur.

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Can try IPv6 enabled with some custom IPv6 DNS again, cloudfare, etc. 

If this fails, maybe something to contact NG about and let them know. Or return the RAXE and find something else that works. 

@DarrenM 

Message 8 of 9
Davidclarks
Tutor

If you don't mind I want to answer like this .

Try enabling IPv6 with custom DNS (e.g., Cloudflare).

If that fails, consider contacting Netgear support for assistance.
As a last resort, you might need to return the RAXE7800 and choose a router with better IPv6 functionality.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7