× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MR60 compatibility with frontier fiber optic

JHonore
Aspirant

MR60 compatibility with frontier fiber optic

I have a MR60 nighthawk mesh system with a main and 2 extenders. I recently switch to fiber optic (1Gb) speeds. The technician and I tried to connect from their feed to my netgear switch to my main router. It didn’t work. I tried a direct connection to my router, it didn’t worked. So then I connected the modem to my router and it connected but the app doesn’t recognize my router, unless I use anywhere access.
So my questions are, how can I get my router to work without the modem, and/or how do I get my router recognized on my app? I also tried resetting the app and learning it again
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: MR60 compatibility with frontier fiber optic

Hello JHonore,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
JHonore
Aspirant

I’ve had it for more than 90 days now. I switch from cable internet to fiber. Thanks for the reply tho.
Message 3 of 4
JHonore
Aspirant

I GOT IT…
So after connecting my old ac1750 without the provided modem and it worked I figured it’s the mesh system. I factory reset it, along with the app and connected it directly to the Ethernet. It just takes an abnormally long time for it to connect to the internet during setup. Probably a total of 10 mins before the light turned blue. The app also works properly now and my speeds are significantly faster.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7