× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My New AX4300 Is slower than the Mediacom Provided router

Warblingpants67
Follower

My New AX4300 Is slower than the Mediacom Provided router

(Im not sure why exactly I cant find my model in the dropdown box, but here it is AX4300 6-Stream Dual-Band WiFi)

My new router is much slower than the provided one (Old Router/Modem Combo). On the old one I would consistently get around 330 mpbs down, 30 up. Now, with the new router its never consistent and is usually somewhere between 30 down 5 up and 200 down 40 up. I'm confused why the new internet speeds would be worse despite our rnew outer and modem being much better than the old one. I should, In fact, be able to go up to 2gbps as all of the hardware we have supports at least that speed. Any Ideas why it is so slow?

Message 1 of 2
delesher
Aspirant

Re: My New AX4300 Is slower than the Mediacom Provided router

After much searching it seems that the speed is limited at 2.4 Ghz on dual band routers, I assume so that more bandwidth can be dedicated to the 5 Ghz connection. I logged into my router (www.routerlogin.net), went to the Advanced tab, selected the Wireless menu option, then removed the check from Enable 20/40 Mhz Coexistance under the Wireless 2.4 Ghz section. My speeds changed for around 25 up to over 60.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series