× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R6700AX Router won't connect with Centurylink C4000LZ running in Transparent Bridge Mode

stockbucks
Aspirant

Re: Modem issue

I'm having trouble connecting my AX1800 to a Centurylink C4000LZ modem running in Transparent Bridge Mode.  Am I supposed to set up router in "Bridge Mode" as well?  If so, how do I accomplish that?  I have several legacy devices that I want to connect i.e. "N and G'' wireless printers and laptops.

Thx and God Bless!

Don

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

It happens a lot. The problem with joining an old conversation is that the official Netgear team may miss stuff that has been going on for a while.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

@stockbucks wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting my AX1800 to a Centurylink C4000LZ modem running in Transparent Bridge Mode. 

The  Centurylink C4000LZ modem is a cable modem/router. You have a very different issue from the none that @roger159 needs help with.

Rather than hijacking their discussion, which is against the rules, you might do better to start your own conversation.

StartaNewDiscussion.jpg

Message 2 of 5
stockbucks
Aspirant

Thx Michael, that was my 1st post and didnt know, thanks for coaching me...i will go try to start a new discussion now.

God Bless, Don 🙂

Message 3 of 5
stockbucks
Aspirant

Netgear R6700AX Router won't connect with Centurylink C4000LZ running in Transparent Bridge Mode

@stockbucks wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting my R6700AX AX1800 to a Centurylink C4000LZ modem running in Transparent Bridge Mode.  The Firmware on router is V1.0.15.146 and the modems firmware is up to date as it is auto-updated when connected to Centurylink servers etc.  Im running Win10 Pro v22H2. Any insight wud be appreciated.

Thx 🙂

Message 4 of 5

It happens a lot. The problem with joining an old conversation is that the official Netgear team may miss stuff that has been going on for a while.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series