× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX75 Not updating Time as per DLS

HitzP
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX75 Not updating Time as per DLS

I have Nighthawk RAX75 running Firmware Version V1.0.3.106_1.0.50.

I could see that after DLS change earlier this month, the Netgear has not updated the Timezone with change in Time.

Please see screenshot below. Showing my router time and my laptop time in the bottom right

Netgear Issue.png

Message 1 of 3
HitzP
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAX75 Not updating Time as per DLS

Attaching screenshot as previously it failed

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX75 Not updating Time as per DLS

@HitzP wrote:

I have Nighthawk RAX75 running Firmware Version V1.0.3.106_1.0.50.

I could see that after DLS change earlier this month, the Netgear has not updated the Timezone with change in Time.

Please see screenshot below. Showing my router time and my laptop time in the bottom right

As you discovered, images attached "in-line" using the Photos icon in the menu bar do not appear in posts until approved by a forum moderator (which can take hours... or days?)  Images attached using the Browse button appear immediately.

I cannot think of a reason why the router would not update for the DST change.  Maybe change to a different time server?  such as time.nist.gov or time.google.com?  Here are the most popular time servers: https://gist.github.com/mutin-sa/eea1c396b1e610a2da1e5550d94b0453 

Good thing that what time the router believes it is usually makes no difference in operation.

p.s. Netgear has a community forum specific to the Nighthawk AX products:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif... 

Perhaps if you post the question in that forum someone will have seen the problem before.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7