× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk rax43 router

Needhelp42
Tutor

Nighthawk rax43 router

I just bout a nighthawk rax43 and when ever I plug in the internet it doesn’t seem to connect but when I do this to the old router it work fine I looked up ways to fix this but they all say unplug modem I do not own a modem and a little confused about what to do please help and thank you. Also for a later topic when ever I plug a Ethernet cored in it doesn’t seem to work on either router if someone could help me with that it would be awesome too thank you
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk rax43 router

Whats that "box in the attic" because the PowerDsine 3001 is a  power injector that's powering something.

Did you check with your isp? 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what are you plugging the router into? It doesn't have its own modem/gateway option so its connected to something. 

What is that something?

Message 2 of 8
Needhelp42
Tutor

So where the box form the wifi company comes into the house it goes straight to this box in the attic but it only has a in and a out on it no button or light on it then it come down to this PowerDsine 3001 no lights or button then straight to the router and the old router worked fine with that so honestly I don’t know what that something is.
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Whats that "box in the attic" because the PowerDsine 3001 is a  power injector that's powering something.

Did you check with your isp? 

Message 4 of 8
Needhelp42
Tutor

The box in the attic I have no idea I just looked at it again it has no name on it or anything but I’ll contacting my isp and update
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Are you on broadcast internet? 

where they give you an powered antenna/receiver device to run off? 

We've seen issues with those multiple times in the past. I've never really seen a good way to resolve the issue. 

Contacting them might be the best option

Message 6 of 8
Needhelp42
Tutor

Thank you so much for the quick response I called my isp and I do have a modem in that box outside they just had to do something on there end with it all thank you for all your help
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked! You might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it 🙂

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7