× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 blocking one site

BergyBrew
Initiate

RAX120 blocking one site

Firmware V1.2.9.52; no Armor or Parental Controls; currently use Fiber Optic, but problem existed with cable (using Netgear modem)

My wife has never been able to access the https://grants.nih.gov/ domain. This site is open to the public. However, whenever we try accessing via her PC laptop or my Mac we receive a "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied." error when using WiFi or an LAN connection through the router. Neither of our iPhones can access the site via WiFi, but they can connect when the phone is using cellular data. So, I connected the Mac directly into the ethernet jack of my fiber optic "modem" to bypass the router and connected to the site with no problem. I have rebooted all my equipment to no avail. I have done a factory reset and reset up the router. I have searched through the Community and this site too and see others that had the same problem, but none of the solutions work. Appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
BergyBrew
Initiate

Re: RAX120 blocking one site

Sorry, I was out of-pocket for a few days. I enabled the 'Use these DNS Servers" radio button and rotated all four between primary, secondary, and third servers...shutting down my mac, router, and the fiber optic box and then bringing everything back up. Neither wifi nor the ethernet connection through the router accessed the site. Before i changed the DNS addresses, i noticed all three were pre-populated with other DNS addresses so i wrote them down (136.228.96.73, 136.228.96.70, and 136.228.96.71), trying them with no luck too. Long story short...I changed the DNS Address option back to "Get Automatically from ISP" and in a fit of despair changed the Router Mac Address option from "Use Default Address" to "Use Computer MAC Address", applied the change and then rebooted everything and that fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try a different DNS Server. Here's a few. Also remember to change the ipv6 dns server if ipv6 is enabled.
CloudFlare
IPv4: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
IPv6: 2606:4700:4700:0:0:0:0:1111 and 2606:4700:4700:0:0:0:0:1001
GoogleDNS
IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
IPv6: 2001:4860:4860:0:0:0:0:8888 and 2001:4860:4860:0:0:0:0:8844

Message 2 of 3
BergyBrew
Initiate

Sorry, I was out of-pocket for a few days. I enabled the 'Use these DNS Servers" radio button and rotated all four between primary, secondary, and third servers...shutting down my mac, router, and the fiber optic box and then bringing everything back up. Neither wifi nor the ethernet connection through the router accessed the site. Before i changed the DNS addresses, i noticed all three were pre-populated with other DNS addresses so i wrote them down (136.228.96.73, 136.228.96.70, and 136.228.96.71), trying them with no luck too. Long story short...I changed the DNS Address option back to "Get Automatically from ISP" and in a fit of despair changed the Router Mac Address option from "Use Default Address" to "Use Computer MAC Address", applied the change and then rebooted everything and that fixed the problem.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7