× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50 drops Wifi on settings update

kthaubold
Follower

RAX50 drops Wifi on settings update

Couple weeks ago, all devices stopped being able to connect to wi-fi. Wi-fi remained visible but would just time out upon trying to reconnect. Hadn't made any changes just prior to this. Wasn't a range or signal strength issue. Every once in awhile my phone would connect for maybe 2 seconds and then drop. Only thing that fixed it was full factory reset. That worked and I set everything back up and was good to go for a few weeks.

Today, I tried to update the time settings (Time Zone). The update got about 90% and the wireless network dropped and never reconnected. Again, couldn't connect with any device wirelessly, although the wireless network was still "there" (being broadcast). All lights on the router stayed normal (white and/or flickering white). Any attempt to re-connect to the Wifi just timed out again. Tried soft restarts again. Only thing I didn't do but wanted to was to connect to router over ethernet (couldn't find usb to ethernet for mac).

Of note, I was able to change wifi settings (new password), do the combined 2.4/5 GHz mode, reserve an IP for my NAS, all with system settings updates and no issue with it coming back. Also was able to update NTP. 

Appreciate your help.

Firmware is up to date

Nighthawk RAX50 with Firmware Version V1.0.12.120_2.0.83

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7