× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX70 identify individual devices

Noosawoods
Aspirant

RAX70 identify individual devices

Hey there,
I have a Sonos system connected to my RAX70 router. All of my speakers are connected & showing on the app, however how do I identify each individual speaker so I can rename it, for troubleshooting purposes?
ATM, I just have a long list of Sonos speakers, with no way of knowing which is which.
Thank you in advance 🙌🏼
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: RAX70 identify individual devices

@Noosawoods wrote:
Hey there,
I have a Sonos system connected to my RAX70 router. All of my speakers are connected & showing on the app, however how do I identify each individual speaker so I can rename it, for troubleshooting purposes?
ATM, I just have a long list of Sonos speakers, with no way of knowing which is which.
Thank you in advance 🙌🏼

You should be able to correlate with the MAC address.  Maybe on a label on the speaker, then to the connected devices on the router.  Then maybe on the Sonos application.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@Noosawoods wrote:
Hey there,
Thank you in advance 🙌🏼

You should be able to correlate with the MAC address.  Maybe on a label on the speaker, then to the connected devices on the router.  Then maybe on the Sonos application.

Message 2 of 5
Noosawoods
Aspirant

Thank you-that sorted it for me.
Is there a way to identify individual iPhones, as there are several in our family & the MAC address method doesn’t seem to work?
Message 3 of 5
Kitsap
Master

@Noosawoods wrote:
Thank you-that sorted it for me.
Is there a way to identify individual iPhones, as there are several in our family & the MAC address method doesn’t seem to work?

The operating system, iOS, has a randomize MAC address feature as a security measure.  That would have to be shut off and left off on each phone. 

Message 4 of 5
Noosawoods
Aspirant

Ok, thanks again.
I feel that wouldn’t be wise…
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements