× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE 300 slow wifi download speeds

starone
Aspirant

RAXE 300 slow wifi download speeds

My internet service provides 1.2 Gbps

I have a 2.5 Gb modem going into a hardware firewall with a pair of 10 Gb NICs.

This LAN side has a 2.5 Gb managed switch.

On a computer with a 10Gb NIC I get about 1150 Mbps download, give or take 50 Mbps tested throughout the day.

However, devices connected to my RAXE 300 via Wi-Fi max out at 650 Mbs despite having a true Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E 2.5 Gbps NIC.  (note, I disabled Armor) 

I've seen websites that show around 1125 Mbps download speeds with the RAXE 300... why am I seeing such a slow speed?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: RAXE 300 slow wifi download speeds

@starone wrote:

My internet service provides 1.2 Gbps

I have a 2.5 Gb modem going into a hardware firewall with a pair of 10 Gb NICs.

This LAN side has a 2.5 Gb managed switch.

On a computer with a 10Gb NIC I get about 1150 Mbps download, give or take 50 Mbps tested throughout the day.

However, devices connected to my RAXE 300 via Wi-Fi max out at 650 Mbs despite having a true Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E 2.5 Gbps NIC.  (note, I disabled Armor) 

I've seen websites that show around 1125 Mbps download speeds with the RAXE 300... why am I seeing such a slow speed?

Thank you!

You might find some ideas here:  https://www.wiisfi.com/

I am aware there have been driver issues between the computer OEM's, Microsoft, and Intel with regards to the Killer series of chips.  One driver would work better than another, then another driver would overwrite as part of an update.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7