× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE300 Tri-band Wifi Router - can't connect to the internet

cluelesstechy
Aspirant

RAXE300 Tri-band Wifi Router - can't connect to the internet

Hi,

have an office located in a Costco warehouse. We are trying to get Wifi in the office. I was trying to follow the instruction on the Nighthawk app, and the web interface, the problem I run into with both instructions is, I can't power off the modem. The warehouse provides me a port that I can connect an ethernet cable to but that is it. I have no access to the modem, and they will not provide me access to it. I know I am getting internet to the port - I've connected a laptop directly to port to confirm this. When I connect an ethernet cable from the port to the internet port on the router, and try to connect it through the web interface, it tells me that there is "no ethernet cable is plugged into the router internet port". Why is this happening? and how can I fix this issue?

Message 1 of 10
Kitsap
Master

Re: RAXE300 Tri-band Wifi Router - can't connect to the internet

@cluelesstechy wrote:

Hi,

have an office located in a Costco warehouse. We are trying to get Wifi in the office. I was trying to follow the instruction on the Nighthawk app, and the web interface, the problem I run into with both instructions is, I can't power off the modem. The warehouse provides me a port that I can connect an ethernet cable to but that is it. I have no access to the modem, and they will not provide me access to it. I know I am getting internet to the port - I've connected a laptop directly to port to confirm this. When I connect an ethernet cable from the port to the internet port on the router, and try to connect it through the web interface, it tells me that there is "no ethernet cable is plugged into the router internet port". Why is this happening? and how can I fix this issue?

There is a very good chance there is other network hardware upstream of your office Ethernet port.  Avoid the mobile application, it is of very little use for configuring or trouble shooting a router network.

You stated when you connect a laptop to the office port with an Ethernet cable, you do have internet access.

First step is to go to the Downloads section at the top of this page, click on Support and feed in your router model number.  Download the user manual and go to page 101 for instruction on how to configure the router as an access point.  Once configured, power off the router, connect an Ethernet cable between the router and the office port, and power up the router.  You should have access to the router user interface to control the Wi-Fi SSID names and passwords.  The Ethernet ports on the back of the router should allow internet access.

If the above is not successful, you are going to have to find out what hardware is upstream of the office Ethernet port.

Message 2 of 10
cluelesstechy
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice. I had no luck with making the router an AP. As you suggested, I'll have to reach out the offices IT department to see what is happening. 

Message 3 of 10
Kitsap
Master

@cluelesstechy wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I had no luck with making the router an AP. As you suggested, I'll have to reach out the offices IT department to see what is happening. 

Do you mean you could not get the router configured for AP mode or once in AP mode, you could not get an internet connection through the Ethernet port in the office?

Message 4 of 10
cluelesstechy
Aspirant

There was no internet access through the ethernet cable once i got the router configured to AP mode. 

I spoke to the online IT help centered, and they said that everything is open on their end. Not sure what else I can do. 

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

When you configure AP mode on the RAXE, are you using a dynamic or static IP address configuration for this mode? 

Message 6 of 10
cluelesstechy
Aspirant

I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with the difference between static and dynamic. They gave me a range of IP addresses that I could use to try and manually configure the AP mode.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this if you haven't already...Check PDF. 

Something to try as well, take the RAXE home with you, if they will let you and test it out at home to see if it work there.

Message 8 of 10
cluelesstechy
Aspirant

Good suggestion. I'll give that a try. I'll keep you guys posted. 

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👌

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements