× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax40

Blogan21
Initiate

Rax40

So I got a new router a few days ago the ax3000 and certain apps won't load on my phone and can't figure out why. The girlfriend Is having the same issue. When I reset the router it will work for a few minutes then instantly stop. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Rax40

You have the rax40?

What firmware version is on it? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to?

Message 2 of 7
Blogan21
Initiate

it is on version v1.0.2.82_2.0.50. everytime i go to upgrade it to the newest it wont allow me to do so. i check for it and it says its up to date and if i find the uprgade file it says its not the correct file. the file format is *.chk

and i have a arris touchstone cm 8200 (supplied my internet company) and that is hooked up to a ax3000 nighthawk

Message 3 of 7
antinode
Guru

> [...] I got a new router a few days ago the ax3000 [...]

"AX3000" is a speed, not a model number.  Look for "Model" on the
product label.

> [...] if i find the uprgade file it says its not the correct file. the
> file format is *.chk

Has this "the uprgade file" a name?

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

there's 2 versions of the rax40. 

If you have V2, the firmware you're on is the latest. 

When you're checking on the support site, there's a drop down box to select between v1 and v2. 

Your version matches the V2. 

What error do you get whe you try to load the app?

Have you tried using a different dns provider? 

You can try googles at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

or cloudfare at 1.1.1.1

Message 5 of 7
Deillos
Aspirant

Capture.JPGIMG_20210510_231042_2.jpgi bought a used RAX40 on ebay and i am having issues getting it setup cause it is still under it's previous owners registration and support is almost non existant for transfering it to my ownership and right now it is stuck in inital setup loop i bought it for cheap as it was missing an antenna sleeve and i had to pop a button back into place. but since i am on a tight budget i was only able to buy a used one as i needed a WIFI6 AP for my Oculus Quest 2 for virtual desktop hopefully it gets resolved in 24 to 48 hours as i need to get in and configure it still.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

@Deillos Maybe starting your own thread instead of jumping in on another would would be a good idea. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7