× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax45 Install Not Showing Network

JK91
Aspirant

Rax45 Install Not Showing Network

Hello.

Attempting to install RAX45 router and following the app process but get stuck at "connect to router's wifi network" because the "NETGEAR##" network is not showing up as available to connect. I have factory reset twice, turned my modem off and on and nothing. 

All lights (power, internet, 2.4, 5.0) are lit white.

All antennas are on the correct connection and tight.

I am setting up from my phone and "local network" is enabled.

My old about to fail router works fine (for a bit, which is why it is being replaced)  when plugged into the same network port, so it's not the port.

I don't know the firmware since this is  a new setup and I can't even get past the setup screen to check the basic info. Any ideas?? Did I get a defective unit out of the box?

Thanks for any info

Message 1 of 4
JK91
Aspirant

Re: Rax45 Install Not Showing Network

Thank you for the reply! You're not going to believe this, but after the 4th or 5th factory reset, it worked! I did nothing different, but apparently the 5th (or 6th or whatever) time is a charm.

I won't mention the next problem I had with the default out-of-the-box password not working and locking me out, and then multiple resets of the app to finally get into the router to update the firmware, but it seem to be working now. I'm posting using this network anyway.

Thanks again!

Message 2 of 4

the mpbile app.

@JK91 wrote:

Thank you for the reply! You're not going to believe this, but after the 4th or 5th factory reset, it worked! I did nothing different, but apparently the 5th (or 6th or whatever) time is a charm.

Experienced users avoid setting up with. For future reference, a web browser and the graphical user interface (GUI) gives you more control over the process, and your router.

The app is a dumbed down approach that tries to make life easy but fall over when it hits the smallest bump in the road.

The symptoms you saw can also be down to the modem/ONT/gateway that sites between the router and the Internet. What is it?

Just another user with time on their hands.

Message 3 of 4
JK91
Aspirant

Yes I was able to get it finally working with the web browser approach and all seems fine now.

The modem is just the TDS supplied t3260. Probably not the top of the line, but works well enough.

Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series