× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare doesn't work

cminnes
Follower

Readyshare doesn't work

I've purchased the Nighthawk RAX50 for use with a USB Drive. While I see the USB drive in Network, it is appeaing as a media device as you can see in the screen shot below. It will not let me browse the device in explorer. It will only allow me to open it in media player.

The address provided does not work as well \\readyshare\USB_Storage or \\readyshare

Any idea how it get this work as advertised? RAX50 2.PNGRAX50.PNG

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Readyshare doesn't work

For the ReadySHARE USB discovery and name resolution, Netgear does still make use of the NetBIOS name resolution. This a part of the ‘SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support’ feature which is disabled on newer Windows builds by default.

To enable SMB1 on Windows 1803 (or newer) workstations:

• Search in the start menu for ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ and open it
  • Search for ‘SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support’ in the list of optional features that appears, and select the checkbox next to it.
  • Click OK and Windows will add the selected feature. You’ll be asked to restart your computer as part of this process

You don't have to worry about the SMB1 transport protocol, the Windows client will negotiate a higher SMB transport version automatically.

Message 2 of 5

SMBsetting.jpg

Same in Windows 10 and 11.

Message 3 of 5
Delux
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. When I log into the netgear nighthawk, I can see and I can allow the USB drives to be accessed via Advanced Settings Setup "USB Settings". However, when I move over to the readyshare tab under readycloud I cannot see the USB drives under "Available Network Folders". When I log into readycloud (after already registering the RAX120) I can ...

The drives are exfat formatted and accessible without passwords via my local laptops.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 5

@Delux wrote:

I am having the same issue. When I log into the netgear nighthawk

Which one? Apps aren't always the same. Things that work in Android fall over in iOS, and vice versa.

What do things look like in the browser graphical user interface (GUI)? That's always a better way to control things than the apps.

The drives are exfat formatted and accessible without passwords via my local laptops.

Maybe Exfat is not be the best option. I see no sign that ReadySHARE supports it.

NTFS is the one that seems to work with anything.

Did you find this?

ReadyCLOUD FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7