× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router history on a RAX70

shifty1948
Aspirant

Router history on a RAX70

I've recently purchased a Nighthawk Rax70 for all of our little gamers at the house. I've gone through all of the settings and I cant find router history. Does the RAX70 not keep router history?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Router history on a RAX70

Not sure what you mean by "router history" 

Message 2 of 5
shifty1948
Aspirant

The router logs that show IP and the website it visited. My past routers had an outgoing log table that you could see the traffic/IP/website 

Message 3 of 5
Razor512
Prodigy

I don't think the RAX70 has that function, though most newer routers lack that since they tend to not be very reliable. Often requires the client device to use the router's built in DNS server, and is not very good for privacy. Overall, many people will feel uneasy if their router was loggingtheir web activity in that way.

One alternative is to use a site like https://www.opendns.com/ after setting up a free account with them, you can then change the router's DNS settings to use the openDNS servers, and then enable logging on the settings area which will then log every website someone goes to. It also offers a number of content filtering options (censorship).

image.png

Message 4 of 5
shifty1948
Aspirant

You rock!!! Thank you. As you could probably tell I was using a old router..lol. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7