× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Access

jderecho
Follower

VPN Access

I am having issues with my router blocking/impeding access to a single drive via VPN. 

Initially I thought it was with my service provider (Google WebPass) but I recently moved and got Quantum Fiber. The pods provided with the service allowed access to all drives freely but the internet would spike periodically. I swapped my Nighthawk back in and the spikes subsided BUT I lost access to the drive again. Note that this is only 1 of our 4 buisness drives and all 3 others are accessible. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: VPN Access

@jderecho wrote:

I am having issues with my router blocking/impeding access to a single drive via VPN. 

Initially I thought it was with my service provider (Google WebPass) but I recently moved and got Quantum Fiber. The pods provided with the service allowed access to all drives freely but the internet would spike periodically. I swapped my Nighthawk back in and the spikes subsided BUT I lost access to the drive again. Note that this is only 1 of our 4 buisness drives and all 3 others are accessible. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Additional information could be helpful.

These four business drives are connected to your router how?  Ethernet or via USB?  Direct or through a switch?

Are all of the drives the same size and brand/model number?

The client device you are using to connect back to your LAN is what?  Running what OS?

What firmware version number is installed on your RAX30?    "The Latest" is not a version number.

What is the brand name and model number of the modem/ONT that is connected upstream between your router and the internet?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7