Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WIFI disconnects intermittently - CAX80

JLH_2024
Aspirant

WIFI disconnects intermittently - CAX80

Help!! Wi-Fi is disconnecting constantly throughout the day. My laptop is connected through my company VPN, and my wife's personal PC does not use VPN. Both computers see the same issue with Wi-Fi interruption. Xfinity has done several investigations on their end, with no issue presenting itself. I researched the problem on this forum and saw a similar issue resolved by disabling SIP ALG. I tried this and it did not work. I have rebooted the unit several times with no success, even going as far as to completely reset back to factory settings. In desperate need of help to resolve this issue. Thank you!  

AX6000 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CAX80) 

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: WIFI disconnects intermittently - CAX80

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What devices do you have connected to the modem?

Does this happen with wired devices as well? 

How is Advanced Wireless settings configured on the modem? Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  

Any Wi-Fi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 6
JLH_2024
Aspirant

Firmware is 2.1.5.2 - I have checked often to make sure this is current

Roughly 15 devices connected (phones, computers, appliances, security cams, etc)

Does not happen with ethernet connection

No Wi-Fi neighbors nearby 

My 2.4ghz Channel is set to auto, 100% power, max speeds

my 5ghz channel is set to ch 36, 100% power, max speeds

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting manual channel 1 on 2.4Ghz and 40 on 5Ghz.

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

also try setting the 5ghz speed to "up to 2400mbps". At the 4800mbps it needs to use dfs channels and if there's radar/weather in your area, devices have to switch off those channels. if you set it to "up to 2400mbps", you don't need to use the dfs channels. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@JLH_2024 wrote:

Help!! Wi-Fi is disconnecting constantly throughout the day. My laptop is connected through my company VPN, and my wife's personal PC does not use VPN. Both computers see the same issue with Wi-Fi interruption. Xfinity has done several investigations on their end, with no issue presenting itself. I researched the problem on this forum and saw a similar issue resolved by disabling SIP ALG. I tried this and it did not work. I have rebooted the unit several times with no success, even going as far as to completely reset back to factory settings. In desperate need of help to resolve this issue. Thank you!  

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7