× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cax30 mobile image/video loading issues

arusoft
Follower

cax30 mobile image/video loading issues

I have this cax30 that I bought about 6 month back from Costco.

Since I bought this router, its always a headace. I am now thinking of returning to Costco if they allow. Or just use as Modem only and buy Google router.

The problem is that from time to time images and video loading takes lot of time. This happens a lot with twitter, Ring etc.. Same time when this stuggles if I try to open Nighthhawk app, its also having hardtime connecting to router. And if I test my speed test on google.com i get over 100 mbps. On laptop also i see some lag but not as bad as on mobile device. I hav attached image that shows example of what's happening where image is not loading.  BTW my mobile brand new and its still happening . I am having this problem with both bard new s21 ultra and also with brand new iphone 13 pro  max.

I even swithed off the auto switch 5 hz/2.4 hz and still no improvement. Also the problem is not all the times. This happens several times a day. Now when I tried to reach out to Netgear for help they want me to pay to talk to them about this.  This is not fair and for this reason I am never going to anything made my Netgear 😞

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: cax30 mobile image/video loading issues

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7