× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

fiber

jmpellegatti
Aspirant

fiber

I am purchasing fiber optics, I have a NETGEAR MODEL 6700V3 router, can I use the fiber optic internet?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: fiber

fibre optics internet doesn't tell us much. 

Usually they have a ONT and/or router included with it. 

Sometimes the netgear needs to be put in access point mode, sometimes the ont/hub can be placed in passthrough/modem only mode. 

Tough to tell you which route you'd want to go with such limited info. 

Message 2 of 4
jmpellegatti
Aspirant

Vou tentar explicar. Estou contratando uma internet de fibra ótica, sendo que em casa tenho internet via rádio, onde uso meu roteador Netgear R6400. A operadora de fibra informou que não poderei usar mais este roteador, pois eles fornecem um outro apropriado para fibra. Gostaria de saber se este router que tenho não poderá ser usado nesta internet de fibra ótica?

I'll try to explain. I am hiring a fiber optic internet, and at home I have internet via radio, where I use my Netgear R6400 router. The fiber operator reported that I will not be able to use this router anymore, as they provide another suitable for fiber. I would like to know if this router I have cannot be used on this fiber optic internet?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If they have a gateway with integrated router that you're required to use, you can still use your netgear. Just put it in access point mode and connect it. It'll leave their device controlling the router and the netgear just as an access point. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7