× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: port forwarding changes from R8000 to RAX43

tehgieto
Aspirant

port forwarding changes from R8000 to RAX43

I've run Minecraft servers and most recently the PalWorld server on my R8000 with no issue, but a recent upgrade to a RAX43 has me stumped as to what is blocking traffic. we run it private, but, It shows up in the list if i make it public, sadly incoming requests just time out on either setting

This is a Used unit. I did a hard reset to get it up and responding to the app, and I had a netgear tech walk me through setup after getting 'no internet connection' randomly on this side of the house seems to function ok otherwise

my only worry, that some function is failing in port forwarding but working for everything else so overlooked when being "refurbished" I need to see if this is the case before the return window closes.

ports needed and set as TCP/UDP 8211,25565,27015-27016 internal/external checked as use same.

usually simple but other possibilities...

1) I have NAT set to be OPEN, (this was true for Minecraft) But, I've tried Both

2) Does the new Protection Engine need to be ON/OFF not sure what it does, but again, I've tried Both

3) i reserved an IP for my PC as every couple reboots it would change, don't believe it's an issue but figured i'd mention it.

4) the new router changed my external ip which i changed in the config file for the game server, don't see that as an issue doubletriplequadruplechecked  the .ini repeatedly.... i'm at a loss.

5) I replaced a cheap AP with the R8000 at the opposing end of the house in the AV jungle. it saw the rax43, switched its internal ip auto-magic-Ly and is doing what it is supposed to.

any change on the R8000 prompted a reboot, docs i've read say the 43 makes these changes to port without

2 days and a fall asleep on keyboard night has not gotten the server to connect, what could I be missing.

new round of double checking and i'm ready to reboot cya

any suggestions would be appreciated

tia

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
tehgieto
Aspirant

stupid easy,  just set port 8211 alone without any of the other ports, and open says me...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
tehgieto
Aspirant

stupid easy,  just set port 8211 alone without any of the other ports, and open says me...

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7