× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rax45 delete (close) a guest network

billrobpv
Tutor

rax45 delete (close) a guest network

I have an RAX45 nighthawk and windows10.  I have somehow created 2 guest networks, one on 2GH band (admin) and a similar one on 5GH (admin5g).  I want to get rid of them, but deleting the names, etc. does not work.  How do I delete/close a guest network?? Thanks Bill Roberts (billrobpv).

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: rax45 delete (close) a guest network

I've seen it before where a bug leaves the guest network enabled. Not sure if thats the case in yours. 

You can always try a factory reset. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. Then reinstall it. 

See if that fixes the issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
billrobpv
Tutor

I forgot to add that guest betworks are NOT enabled, and I have unchecked all the option boxes that I could.  billrobpv

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

I've seen it before where a bug leaves the guest network enabled. Not sure if thats the case in yours. 

You can always try a factory reset. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. Then reinstall it. 

See if that fixes the issue. 

Message 3 of 5
billrobpv
Tutor

Success!!

I think my problem was a: not complelely inserting the paper clip into the reset hole or b: not holding it in long enough.  In any event, a complete reset/reboot deleted the Guest networks.  Thank you for the help.  Bill Roberts

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

glad it worked!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7