× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Only partial daily logs are being sent by email.

ShadowMario3
Apprentice

Only partial daily logs are being sent by email.

The new router has been great for the most part, especially with daily logs being sent by email. However, I noticed that the entire log isn't being sent. For example, today's daily log (sent at 4:00am) only went back to 7:41pm last night (27 entries/lines) even though the current log has 108 entries. On that note, when the daily log is sent, it seems that the log isn't cleared afterward, which is something previous routers did.

I am on the latest firmware, V1.0.7.66_2.0.72. One thing I noticed yesterday is when I went to Advanced > Administration > Logs, the entire log wasn't loading properly until I refreshed the page a few times. Not sure if I needed to clear the cache on the webpage, but it seems that is no longer happening after I rebooted the router. I appreciate any info that can help with this issue.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

Re: Only partial daily logs are being sent by email.

Yeah, I made sure to let them know about this. I am curious as to how they were able to replicate the issue, but that being said, I no longer have it since it only occurred after the first few days.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd open a support ticket on this. 

Not the first time we've seen issues in logging. Thought kinda surprised to see this in the NH domain though. 

I'll see if I can push this to NG as well. 

Message 2 of 12
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

Sounds good, will be sure to do that.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds good. Others I know seem to be noticing same issue and will get this to NG. 

Message 4 of 12
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

Just a small update, it looks like that the log self-deleted at 4am today which is the expected behavior. Not sure if that was due to the log filling up in total, so I will keep an eye out tomorrow if it keeps today's logs or self deletes them on its own.

Message 5 of 12
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

I'm unable to edit my previous post, but it looks like the logs self deleted this morning as well. Guess the log won't self delete until the log is actually full, and now it is working as expected with it deleting after the email is sent.

Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Wondering if the email logging was in some odd bad state initially and cleared itself out after getting filled up and sent and restarted over. 

Keep an eye on it. 

Message 7 of 12
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

If you click on the Send Log button from the Web GUI, the router will not clear the logs.

But when the router sends out an email of logs per the configured schedule, it will clear up all the logs.

Message 8 of 12
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

Yes, I know that. The issue was strictly with the log not clearing after the daily email was sent.

However, I have noticed that after a reboot on Saturday, the logs are still cleared after the daily email is sent, so it seems to be fixed. It seems my support ticket for this issue is still open since the team was able to replicate my issue. I am expecting them to release a new firmware to fully resolve it in the future.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you let NG know about this. Expecting them to resolve this may not take place if there not fully aware of what you have experienced. Let them know. 😉

Message 10 of 12
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

Yeah, I made sure to let them know about this. I am curious as to how they were able to replicate the issue, but that being said, I no longer have it since it only occurred after the first few days.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7