× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RS700 Band Disable - Connects All Devices to the 2.4 GHz Band - Less than 10 Feet From Router

Gonzo190
Aspirant

RS700 Band Disable - Connects All Devices to the 2.4 GHz Band - Less than 10 Feet From Router

I have read that there is NOT a way to turn off the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. I have also read that there is a scheduler that can be used to control the bands. I cannot find it. I have went through the app. I have contacted NG and have not heard back from them. If I cannot gain controil I am returning it. What a waste.

Message 1 of 8
microchip8
Master

Re: RS700 Band Disable - Connects All Devices to the 2.4 GHz Band - Less than 10 Feet From Router

Don't use crappy apps. Use the Web UI of the router. Far more control.
Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RS700 Band Disable - Connects All Devices to the 2.4 GHz Band - Less than 10 Feet From Router

Message 3 of 8
Gonzo190
Aspirant

routerlogin.net does not do anything when I login.

routerlogin.com only gives me the option to change the password.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different browser, MS Edge, Firefox or Opera.

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering 192.168.1.1? 

Message 5 of 8
Gonzo190
Aspirant

I got everything figured out without NGS. Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you share are you did to fix it? 

Message 7 of 8

@Gonzo190 wrote:

routerlogin.net does not do anything when I login.

routerlogin.com only gives me the option to change the password.

Can be a sign that you have another router, maybe a  modem/router, sitting between the RS700 and the Internet.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7