× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RS700 assigning same IP address to more than one device.

azflyer
Aspirant

RS700 assigning same IP address to more than one device.

Just got my RS700 up and running and have noticed that there is an ip address that is assigned to two devices on the network. It's strange in that it happens to only one ip address. I can power off one of the devices so that it will acquire a new ip address which usually works, but after a while it will happen again and not usually the same ip address. I do have plenty of ip's available for the DHCP and I also have a number of devices (mostly IoT devices) that have ip's reserved. Anyone else run in to this issue. Router has been updated to the latest firmware.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Re: RS700 assigning same IP address to more than one device.

Hi,

Which firmware version is on your RS700? if it's v1.0.7.82, please upgrade to v1.0.7.86 which resolves some DHCP server issues related to what you mentioned.

However, we still got one case reported that the issue of duplicate IP address assignments still happened on v1.0.7.86. So if you are already on the firmware v1.0.7.86 and you still experienced this issue, we may have some beta firmware for you to try soon. If you are willing to test beta firmware, please let me know and I will send it to you when it's available.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can just go in and assign one of those devices with an assigned/reserved IP address

Message 2 of 5
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

Which firmware version is on your RS700? if it's v1.0.7.82, please upgrade to v1.0.7.86 which resolves some DHCP server issues related to what you mentioned.

However, we still got one case reported that the issue of duplicate IP address assignments still happened on v1.0.7.86. So if you are already on the firmware v1.0.7.86 and you still experienced this issue, we may have some beta firmware for you to try soon. If you are willing to test beta firmware, please let me know and I will send it to you when it's available.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
azflyer
Aspirant

Thanks for your input. I was on the 1.0.7.82 firmware and had to manually download and install 1.0.7.86. For some reason the router didn't find the latest firmware on its own. I'll monitor the router and post if the issue remains. My preference would be to wait until a final release instead of beta software if it becomes necessary. Thanks again for your help!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7