Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX6000 Issues

Tangmu
Star

AX6000 Issues

I replaced  an Orbi Pro system with the AX6000 today.  I set it up with the same SSID and password.  Most devices are working fine on it with a few exceptions:

Amazon Firestick freezes every few minutes.  It streamed with no issues on the Orbi Pro.  This is regular definition, not 4k.

My Ambient Weather wireless weather station won't connect at all.  It doesn't show the SSID in its list.  No issues on the Orbi Pro.

A Lenovo PC wil also not connect, and doesn't detect the SSID.  The SSID is still in the saved WiFi list.  A second Lenov PC connected fine, as well as two iPads.

I have not limited access to any devices on the AX6000.  The SSID is broadcast.  

On the plus side, my Amcrest web cams all stream much better than on the Orbi Pro, which was the reason I updated   I had 6 cameras, and about 33 total WiFi devices, and it seemed to overload the Orbi Pro.  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Tangmu
Star

Re: AX6000 Issues

Updating the WiFi drivers on the one Lenovo (Thinkpad) got it going.

The weather station's web site shows it has an issue with web networks in general, although mine was working on the Orbi Pro.  Their solution is disconnect the satellite, reboot the base, and then look for the SSID.  After that you can reconnect the satellite.

For the Firestick, a couple of power cycles got it working with no issues.  I have a 2nd Firestick and it worked without any extra effort.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try disabling the following and see:
AX Mode, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Temporarily disable WPA/WPA2 on the RBR and see if those devices that don't connect at all. Re-enable WPA2 and AES after testing. Don't enable WPA3. 

Message 2 of 4
Tangmu
Star

Updating the WiFi drivers on the one Lenovo (Thinkpad) got it going.

The weather station's web site shows it has an issue with web networks in general, although mine was working on the Orbi Pro.  Their solution is disconnect the satellite, reboot the base, and then look for the SSID.  After that you can reconnect the satellite.

For the Firestick, a couple of power cycles got it working with no issues.  I have a 2nd Firestick and it worked without any extra effort.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7