Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nvidea Shield poor connection/not connecting to Orbi 6 (RBK852)

straylight
Follower

Nvidea Shield poor connection/not connecting to Orbi 6 (RBK852)

Orbi 6 (RBK852)

I setup the orbit router + 1 sateliate yesteryday. We have 3 Nvidea Shields throughout the house and non of them can connect to the orbi wifi. I can see the wifi network (full bar) but when selected, I quickly get the message "Poor wireless connection" and it suggests i connect to another network. I have tried that with all 3 Nvidea Shield and get the same message for each. I have never had that issue before and all other devices i have tried have connected with no issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nvidea Shield poor connection/not connecting to Orbi 6 (RBK852)

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What happens if you disable AX mode on the RBR? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Set CTS value to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7