Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure RBR50 v2 on iPhone but Orbi not Found

cakelyfe
Guide

Configure RBR50 v2 on iPhone but Orbi not Found

I have had an AC3000 Mesh WiFi System (RBK20) , specifically RBR50v2 that I haven't used in a while.  I did a factory reset on it and am attempting to configure

I reinstalled the Orbi app and am trying to configure my router but I keep getting the error Orbi Not Found.  I have disabled private relay as many posts have recommended.  I have disabled Private Wi-Fi address and Limit IP Address Tracking but I am still getting the same error.  I am at a loss for how I can try to reconfigure this router at this point.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Configure RBR50 v2 on iPhone but Orbi not Found

Does the iPhone connect to the Orbi WiFi correctly before opening the app?

Message 2 of 10
cakelyfe
Guide

Yes, I am able to manually connect to the network or through the app with the pop-up asking if I want to join the network.
Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

(know little about iPhones, but....) Sometimes deleting and reinstalling an 'app' leaves data behind (at least on Android phones). I always clear both data and cache before removing an app, so that reinstalling the app cannot pick up old information.

Is there a similar feature for iPhone apps?

Message 4 of 10
cakelyfe
Guide

I have tried on two different devices and I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled.  I'm very confident it is not my phone.  I also tried connecting my computer to the router and accessing the configuration website at HTTP://192.168.1.1 and https://192.168.1.1 and the page will not load.

Message 5 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Is this router connected to an Internet Service Provider (ISP) device?

• An Orbi system will function with no ISP connection. Not terribly useful for most people, but I saw a post from some Doctors who were running a Clinic "out in the boonies" and needed to network all their devices.
    In that case, a Factory Reset will always set the router to 192.168.1.1 and a computer connected with Ethernet should be able to open the web management page.
  • When an Orbi is connected to an ISP router, sometimes the ISP assigns an IP in the 192.168.1.x subnet to the router, and this causes the router to create a different IP subnet on the LAN side, which is almost always 10.0.0.x
    One quick way to check is to determine the IP address assigned to the computer and the gateway IP address (which will be the Orbi router).  On Windows, the ipconfig /all command displays this information.
Message 6 of 10
cakelyfe
Guide

This is not connected to any ISP yet.  I am trying to reconfigure it to replace my ISP's EERO that is driving me nuts.  I want to re-configure it and then swap out the EERO.

Message 7 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

If the Factory Reset "took" and it is not connected to an ISP device, then the Orbi should be at 192.168.1.1.

This is not looking good.

Message 8 of 10
cakelyfe
Guide

It is 192.168.1.1, which I can ping but I cannot accesss the web interface to try to configure it that way either.

Message 9 of 10
iceLOL
Aspirant

Well... this isn't the prettiest fix, but it did work.

Once I kept getting the "Orbi not found" loop, I unplugged the power to the router and then plugged it back in. Waited for about 3 minutes, then connected to the network in iOS settings. Once connected with privacy settings off, I went to 192.168.1.1 on my phone (iOS Chrome - the only browser I could get to work) and I was able to continue the setup there. Once it finished doing the firmware updates, it rebooted and now I can access the web interface from my computer. Oh, another thing I did was set up manual DNS to Google, which is 8.8.8.8 on my phone. Not sure if that step is required, but while sitting in the loop the Internet wasn't working at all until I did that.

I hope this helps someone.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7