Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I got up yesterday my Orbi app for my 750 would no longer log in

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I got up yesterday my Orbi app for my 750 would no longer log in

I got up yesterday my Orbi app for my 750 would no longer log in the first screen was we do not recognize this device  Log in denied. I now my password is right because i can go to orbilogin.com and see all my devices.  I have tried Tried and failed. I need to unpause some of my home devices so they can work.

1. Removing the app and reinstalling  android wifi and Cellular

2. Removing the app then installing on another phone apple  wifi and cellular

3. Removed and put on tablet  Wifi

4. Rebooted orbi

I dont want to Factory Reset my orbi is seems that is the way they always fix things

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: We don’t recognize this device Log in Denied

Random thoughts:

• The Orbi 'app' uses different credentials than the Orbi web interface.  At what point does the app comment about "not recognizing the device"?
  • Since it is possible to access the web interface, what does the Attached Devices screen say about Access Control?
    (toward the top, above the list of satellites).  If it says Access Control is on, what about navigating to the Advanced Tab, Security Menu, Access Control and turning it off.
Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: I got up yesterday my Orbi app for my 750 would no longer log in

Thanks for the response let me Ans this by bullets

Random thoughts:

• The Orbi 'app' uses different credentials than the Orbi web interface. ***YOU Are correct but its the same as the net-gear website which is what i men sorry if i misspoke**** At what point does the app comment about "not recognizing the device"? ***As Soon as i put the UN and PW in it goes to not recognized device then quickly goes to Log in Denied***
  • Since it is possible to access the web interface, what does the Attached Devices screen say about Access Control?
    (toward the top, above the list of satellites). ***I do not see anything about access control***  If it says Access Control is on, what about navigating to the Advanced Tab, Security Menu, Access Control and turning it off. ******Access Control Says to use access control use the Orbi App***
Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Well, fudge.  My Orbi Attached Devices shows this:

CrimpOn_0-1705041851300.png

By any chance is Smart Parental Controls (SPC) enabled on this Orbi?

Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes i use both.

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

I remember similar posts on the forum about Access Control being removed from the web interface, but cannot remember what users did to get it back.  Time to do a bunch of Internet searches.....

p.s.

I can sort of understand Netgear's reasoning in regard to the web interface vs. the app.

• More and more customers have no 'computer' these days.  They have smart phones and tablets, but no actual 'computer' (not even a laptop).
  • The web interface is totally unusable on a smart phone's tiny screen.
  • If they do own a laptop, it no longer comes with an Ethernet port.
  • They now do everything with their smart phone.  Unlock the front door. Set the thermostat. Turn the alarm on and off. Make purchases. Transfer money. Watch videos.Read email. etc. etc.  A WiFi system that cannot be managed using their smart phone is SO OBSOLETE!
  • Why spend money developing capabilities on both the web interface and the smart phone interface (app).

The situation  now is there are a bunch of features that can be managed only through the web interface and another set that can be managed only through the 'app'.  Annoying as hell.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Orbi App version?

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Might save off a Orbi system backup to file, then factory reset and setup from scratch, check Orbi app. If it can log in, then apply the backup configuration to the RBR. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7