Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incorrect Network Map (Unknown Satellite)

HeavenJ
Aspirant

Incorrect Network Map (Unknown Satellite)

I've recently had a same issue described here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/RBR852-App-started-showing-an-additional-satellite/m-p/193...

The author eventually did factory reset to resolve the issue, but I'm just wondering there's another way to resolve it.

I don't regularly check the network map from the app, but I'm suspecting that this happened after recent firmware upgrade.

One interesting thing is that "Unknown satellite" in the app is showing same serial number as router's.

So it's probably a bug in either app itself or some configuration in the router.

Model: RBK852 (RBR850 + RBS850)

Details of Unknown Satellite (from the app)

- Hardware Version: XEROX CORPORATION

- Firmware Version: -

- Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX (same as my router RBR850)

- MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

- IP Address: 255.255.255.255

Firmware Version

- V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

App Version (iOS)

Orbi App Screenshot attached to the post

Message 1 of 6
KMDonlon
Luminary

Re: Incorrect Network Map (Unknown Satellite)

Exactly what I remember as far as the details of the mystery satellite... Xerox was what really struck me as odd when I looked up the details as well.
Message 2 of 6
HeavenJ
Aspirant

@KMDonlon, Glad that I found someone on the same page at least. May I ask whether you resolved the issue?

Updated: Oops, sorry that I didn't recognize you're the author of the post that I linked :).

Was the factory reset only solution you found? Have you seen same issue again after the reset?

Message 3 of 6
KMDonlon
Luminary

Yes, did a factory reset and DID NOT use my back up config file (which I believe was corrupt) and have not seen the issue since. Perhaps the config file didn't play nice with the newer firmware at the time.
Message 4 of 6
ptscarbo
Tutor

I am seeing the same thing. Orbi, can you assist, please. Is there a way to remove this without factory reset please. Any advice would be appreciated. I have rebooted, reinstalled app, rebooted again. One clue is it has the same serial number as the base station. Very odd.
Message 5 of 6
AndrewBytes
Initiate

@HeavenJ wrote:

I've recently had a same issue described here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/RBR852-App-started-showing-an-additional-satellite/m-p/193...

The author eventually did factory reset to resolve the issue, but I'm just wondering there's another way to resolve it.

I don't regularly check the network map from the app, but I'm suspecting that this happened after recent firmware upgrade.

One interesting thing is that "Unknown satellite" in the app is showing same serial number as router's.

So it's probably a bug in either app itself or some configuration in the router.

Model: RBK852 (RBR850 + RBS850)

Details of Unknown Satellite (from the app)

- Hardware Version: XEROX CORPORATION

- Firmware Version: -

- Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX (same as my router RBR850)

- MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

- IP Address: 255.255.255.255

Firmware Version

- V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

App Version (iOS)

Orbi App Screenshot attached to the post

Maybe I cheated? Instead of factory reset, I tried going to orbilogin.com then tap "Attached devices" then look for the XEROX CORPORATION and it offers a delete option. Tap that, and it's gone!  Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7